Saturday, December 10, 2011

Coreen Zerr & Sari Spenser

Theme / concept        Trees and Reflections

Coreen Zerr
Fibre Art Piece            Woods on a Snowy Evening



This piece was a joy to make, reminding me so much of the poem ‘Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening’ by Robert Frost. The resounding words, “... and miles to go before I sleep” felt fitting of the fast pace of life these days, juggling work, aging parents and studio time. The process of making this quiet little quilt gave me a wonderful sense of serene and calm.

Sari Spenser                Reflections




Painting - inspired by a walk with her husband at Smugglers Cove.
I enjoy the organic patterns that one finds in natural scenes. I tend toward strong contrasts in value, but also enjoy playing with the richness within a limited colour palette. The early spring of the scene is a colour challenge. Other than the beauty of nature for itself, I love how the divine manifests itself through various levels of organization and pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment