Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Robin Fischer

completed projects:
From Robin:  Adele & I have known each other for many years through my parents who were potters. We have exchanged ideas, fabrics,lace,patterns & clay pieces. We have incorporated these elements in our respective works.

My textile journey has evolved over many years. I have always worked with fibre in some form or other since I was a young woman. Quilting allows me to express my love of color & have fun with fabrics.

From Adele: My formal art training was with dress & textile design. Later I began to work with clay producing murals; wall pieces and  on to functional tableware. The latter is decorated with layers of glazes and stains and reflect my textile training.
Robin and I chose “STONE THREADS” as a theme with the intent to find connections between quilting, fabrics and clay relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment