Sunday, December 26, 2010

Leslie Forbes and Barbara Boldt

Leslie and Barbara have completed their projects, scroll down to see the process.
It all began with a painting by Barbara Boldt.
Barbara's studio is 5 minutes from Fort Langley, If you would like to visit, call ahead: 604 888 5490.


Barbara's thoughts on her work (exerpt from her website).
The woods and wildflower fields of my childhood still live in my memories and give rise to the paintings I do.
Nature, unspoiled by human intervention, wild things growing where they must, give me endless inspiration and material for my landscape art.
I feel close to the earth, her cycles and natural designs.
Painting sandstone formations, my “Earthpatterns” series, helps to feed my ongoing fascination with Nature's abstract forms, fulfills my need to “sculpt” a painting. I marvel at the power of the elements which have created unbelievable vistas along the shores of the Pacific Ocean.
I am a realist in life and in my work, being guided by Henry David Thoreau's words in “Walden”:
“The more the painter invents the further he takes us from the world which actually exists; and to that extent he may even encourage us in the alienation from the real.”
All my works are originals, each one of a kind. 
See more on Barbara:  http://www.barbaraboldt.com/

Leslie holding Barbara's painting
Leslie with her project in process.
hard at work in her studio on a new project


Below, two award winning quilts by Leslie ....

1 comment:

  1. I love your captivating work and am looking forward to meeting Leslie at the Victoria Quilters Guild meeting in April. Rosalie Knogler

    ReplyDelete