Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Judy Leslie & Karen Van der Pauw

Unfortunately, Judy and her partner Karen have withdrawn from the show. We will miss their contibution!


In 2010 Judy won 'Best of Show' in the Canadian National Juried show. She is a quilt artist and teacher.
http://www.canadianquilter.com/photo-gallery/national-jury-show-2010.php
Judy ... planning ...
I just want to confirm my participation in the 'Together' show.   Karen will be producing pottery pieces...probably a collection of 'like' items or one good sized piece.  At the moment we are discussing me doing either a collection of photos-on-fabric of her in process which I would collage on to a wall art piece and/or a more typical pieced/appliquéd piece and/or a three-dimensional vessel with collaged or embellished, etc. decoration that mimics her pieces.  Anyway the theme will either be me celebrating her process of creating pots or me mimicking, in color or texture, what she produces this spring.  Karen is returning to Australia for a 3 week course in June (last of her 3 year program) and will need to have her new pieces ready by then, so this gives me time this summer and early fall to coordinate my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment