Monday, December 13, 2010

Jean Weller and Pamela Westhaver

We will have an exciting show with artists working in a variety of media!  Jean and Pamela have created two projects using two very different media ... both based on the theme of 'Venice'.

News from Pamela: My piece will be a book, or books, on the theme of Venice.
I have made paste/painted papers to use as pages for the book. I have been trying various methods of transferring images to papers, and have made some mock-ups/drafts by subject matter. Dec. 6 news ... here are photos of my Venice Book! The covers are on, so it is virtually finished!



I may continue to embellish in the time between now and the exhibition. Size is 11 3/8" x 8" x 2 1/2". I will also be making a container to hold the book.
A little more about Pam: she showed her work with an Artist Trading Group http://www.artisttradingcards.org/groupshow05.html
And, Pamela taught at the Gibson's Fibre Art Festival 2010: Pam has studied art in various forms over the past 20 years, discovering papermaking in 1984 while at Emily Carr College of Art and Design. This was the start of her very successful business of "Pam's Papers", which she ran for 12 years. Her art works and books have been exhibited across Canada and the US.

We look forward to seeing Jean's fibre art piece. The last message is that it is on the design wall, awaiting more attention.

March note from Jean: Finally I have mastered getting a photo onto the computer and ( I hope ) off to you. My new camera needs Windows 7 and I have xp so had some complications with that . I have done a little more since this photo was taken but in essence this is it. Pam has done a dreamy, ethereal version of Venice  while mine is more the darker side.The orientation is portrait with the light coloured mosaics (log cabin ) blocks at the bottom.
Jean's Fibre Art Piece


Detail
You can see examples of Jean's work on the FAN site: http://fibreartnetwork.com/artists-gallery/JeanWeller/84/ex/410

1 comment:

  1. Do you happened to have a contact email for Pamela Westhaver. I'm interested in having her teach again at Island Mountain Arts. Thank you, Julie Fowler, Island mountain Arts
    media@imarts.com

    ReplyDelete