Sunday, December 12, 2010

A little about me and my cousin!

Hi! I'm Vivian Kapusta.
I'm organizing the "Together' show for the La Conner Quilt and Textile Museum. It will open with QuiltFest at the end of September and close at the end of December. www.laconnerquilts.com/
We are pairing a fibre artist together with an artist who works in another medium. The two artists will collaborate on the theme. They may work together on one piece or each may produce their own piece ... the work must link together in some way. It needs to share a common style, idea, theme, colour scheme, or ???
9 months from now ... our work will be on display.
You can see what keeps me busy on my blog: http://vivian-institches.blogspot.com/

My partner is my cousin Debbie Hungle and she will be working with her friend and business partner Michelle Mason. Our theme/concept is transparency.
Debbie has always worked with arts & crafts in one way or another. For years, she taught soapstone carving in schools around the lower mainland. As a stay-at-home mom, she and her friend Michelle have worked together for years. They now specialize in fused glassware that is 'slumped' in a kiln. A hobby has grown into a thriving business! They sell to many giftware stores. You may recognize something you have seen, or even something you have bought!
Check out their unique glassware: http://www.madaboutglass.com/gallery/galleryhome.php

No comments:

Post a Comment